The Museum collects, preserves, researches, exhibits and interprets the heritage relating to public transport in the Liège region and Wallonia.
The scientific and cultural project of the museum revolves around five main axes:
– Situate the history of transport in a broader context and study the history of mobility by adopting a transdisciplinary approach.
– Put the human being at the center of the problem: consider the history of mobility from the point of view of the traveler and study the societal transformations induced by the ability to move.
– Study and present the current issues related to mobility: the museum thus aims to be a place of reflection, exchange and debate.
– Make its collections, building, services and programs accessible to all audiences.
– Be part of a sustainable development approach, both in terms of public awareness and in terms of the overall management of the museum.
Our values: professionalism, openness, accessibility, sustainability and integrity.